Update! Buddyriders are in stock!
If comfort and safety are priorities for you and your best friend then there is no better alternative than the Buddyrider™ pet seat. Suitable for dogs weighing up to 11.5kg (25lbs)
Your dog sits in a comfortable position safely strapped in making the experience very enjoyable for both of you.
The unique design has been engineered to fit almost any modern adult bicycle, with a measurement of at least 48cm (19″) between the seat post and the handlebar stem.
Center mounted seats for children, and in this case for pets, have proven to be far superior to those mounted behind the bicycle seat and also those mounted on the handlebars.
It gives the rider much better control because of where the extra weight is positioned over the center of the bicycle.
Also allowing you to be able to see them at all times is a bonus.
Will the Buddyrider fit my bike?
Please Note: DO NOT MOUNT TO A CARBON FIBRE SEAT POST!!
If you have a carbon fibre seat post you must replace it with an aluminium or steel seat post.
That’s a good question, one that we get asked quite often. The attached is a step by step way to get a good idea if it will work for you. Please Click Here to download the instructions for measuring your Bike.
The Buddyrider™ Bicycle Pet Seat is a fun way to safely take your dog along with you on a bike ride.
Unlike other bicycle dog carriers on the market such as the more traditional front mounted bike basket for dogs, and any rear mounted dog seat, Buddyrider™ is mounted over the center of the bike so the extra weight has virtually no effect on handling.
For larger breeds, the dog trailer is ideal, but for smaller dogs weighing up to 11.5kg (25 pounds) there is no better alternative than the Buddyrider™.
Now they can enjoy your cycling trips with you on their very own bicycle dog seat.
For added comfort we also sell the Buddy Booster cushion which is ideal for smaller dogs, a custom fitted cushion for dogs weighing 12 pounds (5.5kg) or less.
Each Buddyrider comes with its own Receiver.
Additional Receivers can also be purchased so your Buddyrider can be transferred quickly and easily to other bikes
If you decide to purchase a Buddyrider™, I’m sure you will have many hours of healthy outdoor enjoyment with your best friend.
Safety and Installation Instructions
Read instructions carefully before placing a pet in this seat. Failure to follow these instructions could result in serious injury. By attaching the Buddyrider pet seat to a bicycle you are acknowledging that you have read and understand the warnings and instructions, and understand the inherent dangers that may be associated with transporting a pet on a bicycle. Only experienced adult cyclists, who are very confident in their abilities as a rider should transport a pet using this seat.
- Click Here for a printable copy of the following instructions
- See last 8 stamp images above showing sequence of fitting Buddyrider to bike.
- Assemble the seat by raising the front platform and securing the centre support arm with one of the supplied screws and a washer. (See Fig 1. above)
- Attach the metal bar to your bicycle seat post. There must be at least 1¾ inches of post exposed below the seat to make this connection. Keep this connection as high up the seat post as possible. This will give the rider more legroom when peddling.
- Position the pet seat on the metal bar as far forward as possible without causing any interference with the steering post or handle bars of the bicycle.
- Make a small pencil mark on the metal bar right behind the pet seat.
- Remove the pet seat and also the metal bar using the quick release pin.
- Position the pet seat on the metal bar in the same position as it was while on the bicycle and turn both of them upside down. Slide the pet seat along the metal bar as if to cover the pencil mark until four of the drill holes simultaneously line up with the screw sockets on the bottom of the pet seat.
- Using four of the screws and washers provided, mount the pet seat to the metal bar. Make sure all four screws are in position before tightening.
Steps 1 through 7 should never need to be re-done unless the pet seat is mounted on a different size bicycle, in which case the four screws may have to be re-located in different holes to adjust the length.
- Install the assembled pet seat to the bicycle using the quick release pin and be sure to secure that with the cotter pin provided or a small pad lock.
Safety Harness – Install and connect as shown
Your pet must be secured in the seat at all times using the safety harness provided.
- Place your pet in the seat in a sitting position as far back in the seat as possible.
- Connect and position the rear buckle over your pet’s shoulders and adjust the rear straps equally.
- Position the collar strap around your pet’s neck so it is just below your pet’s own collar. Connect the front buckle and adjust the collar strap to size.
- When your pet is in the sitting position with their front legs along the upper platform or straight down, adjust the front straps equally so your pet is restrained from standing.
Just like a seat belt on a child car seat, this harness is designed to limit unnecessary movement so your pet remains in a safe position to enjoy the ride.
By purchasing this product, you accept the following terms:
- If you choose to purchase and install the Buddyrider pet seat, you do so at your own risk. Cycling can be inherently dangerous especially when carrying passengers or cargo of any kind. You must wear protective gear at all times (helmet etc.)
- You indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the owners, directors, employees, and or any other representatives of Mad About A Dog Ltd, CDC Creations Inc, Buddyrider Inc, Buddyrider CO & Buddyrider EU from damage caused or injury sustained through the use of the Buddyrider pet seat. Furthermore you assume all risks associated with the fitting and use of the Buddyrider pet seat.
- You Must, prior to using, check all the components of the seat and ensure the seat is secure to the bicycle and no parts are cracked, loose, missing, or broken.
- Due to the size and weight associated with transporting a pet on a bicycle, extreme care must be taken at all times. The rider may be required to make quick corrective action when the pet moves its weight.
- Care should be taken when placing your pet into the seat, and also when removing them. This should be done in a safe place away from distractions such as other pets and traffic.
- Initial rides should be brief, over smooth ground, in a safe location and away from all distractions.
- Increase the duration only when both rider and pet become accustomed and confidant.
- You must never leave a pet unattended in this seat. Due to the higher center of gravity, a bicycle may fall over if parked on its stand or without proper support.
- You must not allow your pet to become a distraction when riding. Keep your focus on the safe operation of your bicycle, the rules of the road, the environment around you and other cyclists, pedestrians and vehicular traffic
Now you will never have to leave your dog at home when out on your bike trips, he/she too can enjoy the ride!
UK delivery is £8.99